Who we are and how we got the idea to create the ultimate meeting place for crew
We keep your data safe
We encourage all our users to read through these terms and conditions carefully before using this website. If you have any questions about the service Crew Market provides then please contact us here.
Terms & Conditions
- The Crew Market portal offers its users the opportunity to post their wishlists and to have airline crew members purchase those items for them from their respective destinations. Use of this service is conditional on consent to and compliance with the following conditions. These conditions still apply in cases where a User accesses the Crew Market Online portal from outside the territory of the United Arab Emirates.
- The Features are available to all users aged 14 years or more who have a personal, registered user account.
- Each applicant for user status must complete the registration form by entering his current personal data truthfully. No nicknames, aliases or other obviously falsified data will be accepted. The applicant must further undertake to open not more than one user account. Registrations are valid for the User alone and are not transferable.
- Users must update his profile information whenever required. In cases where it transpires that Users have falsified personal data or have registered an incorrect address, Crew Market reserves the right to exclude them from access and to delete content used by or addressed to them.
- Each User bears sole personal responsibility for confidentiality of his login name and password. Each User bears sole personal responsibility vis-à-vis both Crew Market and all third parties for all activities occurring under his login name.
- Users must inform Crew Market immediately of any unauthorized use of their access data or of any failure on their part to comply with data protection regulations. This information can be sent at any time to:
- Users can terminate their registration at any time without stating reasons. After receipt of the notice of termination Crew Market will cancel the registration.
- The user undertakes to make all due allowance for generally recognized principles for data protection and data security and to comply with all obligations in connection with data protection.
- The User hereby grants his consent to Crew Market’s use and storage of personal data disclosed by him either in the registration process or obtained from its server’s protocol files within the Crew Market website and for the purpose of communication of offers. All such data will be collected, processed and used in according with legal regulations. By sending us inquiries on our service offering, the User automatically grants his consent to use of his personal data in this form. Data thus collected will in no case be sold or otherwise transmitted to third parties without the User’s prior consent.
- Crew Market is entitled to communicate certain user data, which shall not allow the identification of the User, to third parties – including clients taking advertising space in its publications – for demographic purposes. Crew Market shall also be entitled to use these data itself for statistical purposes and for identification of trends.
- Crew Market attaches great importance to retaining the trust of its Users. Consequently, we wish to give Users the opportunity to question us at any time on our use of their personal data. Users wishing to ask questions on use of their personal data or having doubts on our compliance with data protection regulations, and also any user seeking deletion of his personal data can send his request at any time to the following address:
- All users undertake to treat other users with respect and to refrain from attacking, provoking, threatening, annoying, insulting, offending or disconcerting them in any other way whatsoever.
- • Each User undertakes to act in a fair and trustworthy way and, in particular, to refrain from culpably deceiving or damaging other users, for example, by claiming to be an employee or representative of Crew Market for the purpose of obtaining personal information on other users.
- Crew Market’s service offerings must not be used for purposes which would constitute violation of the law by the User.
- Users are prohibited from engaging in activities aimed at sabotaging or otherwise interfering with Crew Market’s features and, in particular, from taking any action capable of affecting the physical or electronic structure of the features.
- Users of Crew Market’s features undertake not to publish, transmit or upload any content which violates the law or youth protection regulations, and not to publish, transmit or upload any content and/or contributions/statements which are defamatory, slanderous, morally offensive, obscene, pornographic, glorify the use of violence, are of an insulting or discriminatory nature, are known to be untrue or otherwise constitute a criminal offence.
This applies in particular to:
- racist content
- defamatory or insulting statements
- grossly offensive content
- propaganda for unconstitutional, extremist organizations or political groups
- incitement to hatred or violence by dissemination of material published by unconstitutional organizations
- content inciting or inducing others to commit a criminal offence
- dissemination of content glorifying or condoning violence
- dissemination of content glorifying or condoning war
- abuse of confessions, religious communities and ideological groups
- political, ideological or religious confessions
- dissemination of pornographic content, including, in particular, child pornography, sexual acts involving human beings and animals, and images of primary sexual organs
- insults, calumny and slander
- dissemination of written material which is morally harmful to minors or content unsuitable for children and minors
- this includes content accessible via links set up by Users
- the use of offensive content, ambiguous definitions and other presentations bordering on illegality is also prohibited
- users are not permitted to publish content which contains language and forms of expression which contravene generally accepted standards of decency and professional behavior, constitutes incitement to actions which could adversely affect the well-being or safety of others, is classifiable in the category of so-called spam, in particular when this takes the form of regularly repeated publications with identical or similar content, does not relate to a subject under discussion, contains non-functioning links, in particular, links causing error reports
- users are not permitted to input content relating to surveys or chain letters
- users are not permitted to publish, transmit or upload content or statements, for which they do not possess the necessary rights (copyrights or other intellectual property rights), or which infringe such rights held by third parties, in particular, patents, copyrights, rights attaching to trademarks and other distinguishing marks, and other rights
- users grant Crew Market unlimited and territorial unrestricted rights to use of content generated by them. This includes the rights to amendment, duplication, transmission, publication and further development of content, and also to its assignment to third parties without giving rise to any claim to remuneration. Content generated by a User can be published elsewhere by that User himself
- images transmitted by Users must not contain any corporate logos
- prior to inputting any content into the features, each user must verify its freedom from viruses with an up-to-date anti-virus program. Users also undertake not to input any content containing viruses or other computer programs capable of impairing the functioning of other computers or which allow unauthorized third parties access to the Crew Market website or to the features contained in it
- publication of user-generated content or contributions is a voluntary service provided by the publisher Crew Market. We reserve the right to exclude or delete such content and contributions at any time
- Crew Market gives no guarantee the personal data communicated to it by a User corresponds to the actual identity of that User.
- Crew Market accepts no liability whatsoever for content generated by its Users or for the activities of its Users. These cannot be attributed to Crew Market, nor do they represent Crew Market’s opinion. This disclaimer also applies to links set up by Users on pages within the Crew Market website.
- The links contained on the Crew Market website are not under Crew Market’s control. Crew Market disclaims all responsibility either for the contents of these links or for the contents of the websites that can be reached through them.
- Crew Market disclaims all liability for indirect loss or damage, in particular consequential loss resulting from defects, unforeseeable or atypical losses and loss of profits, in cases attributable to acts of minor negligence committed by it or its vicarious agents and representatives.
- The provisions contained in the foregoing paragraphs of this clause cover all contractual and non-contractual claims resulting from this contract or from use of the Crew Market website.
- All Users of the Crew Market website and of the Features bear sole and exclusive responsibility for content and contributions input by them and for activities undertaken by them.
- All Users bear sole and exclusive responsibility for creation of backup copies of content input by them. This also includes the software used by them. Crew Market accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any loss of data.
Crew Market’s rights
- Crew Market is entitled to cancel User registrations at any time without stating reasons. Any such cancellation terminates the user’s right to use the services provided by the platform.
- Crew Market is also entitled to delete individual user-generated contributions of parts thereof at any time and at its sole discretion.
- Crew Market is also entitled to amend these Conditions for Use of Community Features at any time. Users will be informed of any such amendment by publication of the updated conditions on this website. Users are personally responsible for acquainting themselves with the updated conditions. A user’s continued use of Crew Market’s Features after update of the conditions for use shall constitute his acceptance of the updated conditions. Should any user contest the updated conditions for use, Crew Market shall be entitled to exercise its rights as set out in this clause.
- Crew Market reserves the right to modify the Features at any time. This also includes the right to levy a charge for use of the Features or to discontinue them completely.
- Crew Market is under no obligation to verify accuracy, completeness or legality of user-generated contributions.